    password. save the page as Password.html.

    this is easy for someone that knows javascript well. I wait for any
    response...

    nyy, Sep 15, 2005

  2. nyy

    callmebill Guest

    Isn't the point of going to school, to have others pay _you_ to do work?

    callmebill, Sep 15, 2005

  3. nyy

    nyy Guest

    Are you able to do this before this monday coming up 19. Thanks

    nyy, Sep 15, 2005
  4. nyy

    Randy Webb Guest

    nyy said the following on 9/15/2005 12:35 PM:
    Learn to quote. It reflects on your intelligence.

    I can do what you want in about 10 minutes. How much money do you have?

    Randy Webb, Sep 15, 2005
  5. nyy

    nyy Guest

    Thanks for the compliment. Anyway, first you are not the same person I
    asked how much time it would take. Now, how much do you want for this
    simple assignment. Let me know, Thanks...

    nyy, Sep 15, 2005
  6. nyy

    web.dev Guest

    Hi nyy,

    I would rather that you did this yourself so can actually learn it.
    (there's a possibly it might be on the test ;) )

    Perhaps this pseudocode will help you on the right path. Oh and when
    you prompt for username and password, it's not clear whether you mean
    to prompt them via a dialog box, or through a form on the page. I'll
    just assume you mean to prompt via a dialog box.

    You have a script in your Password.html

    <script type = "text/javascript">
    var n_tries = 0;
    var success = false;

    prompt for username and password and save results.

    if( see if they have a cookie )
    {
    grab values from the cookie

    while(success == false)
    {
    if( username and password match? )
    {
    success = true;
    }
    else
    {
    increment n_tries by 1
    prompt for username and password again
    }

    if(n_tries == 3)
    {
    user failed 3 times. setCookie with new values
    success = true;
    else
    {
    they don't have a cookie so set one by calling setCookie

    optional: display a welcome/successful login message
    }

    function setCookie(username, password)
    {
    code statements that will set the cookie
    }
    </script>

    Hope this helps :)

    web.dev, Sep 15, 2005
  7. nyy

    nyy Guest

    Thanks for your help, I am not sure when you said on the first if
    statement if they have a cookie, also, a dialog box is good for
    prompting for user name and password.

    nyy, Sep 15, 2005
  8. JRS: In article <>
    , dated Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:29:39, seen in
    Never trust anyone who does not understand the use of Booleans.

    Dr John Stockton, Sep 15, 2005
  9. nyy

    Randy Webb Guest

    nyy said the following on 9/15/2005 1:24 PM:
    There was no compliment.

    You obviously can not read nor comprehend what you do manage to read.
    Learn to quote please.
    This is Usenet, not your Email. You ask a question here, anybody can
    answer it. You asked a question, I answered it. Deal with it.
    300 Dollars US up front.
    I just did.

    Randy Webb, Sep 15, 2005
  10. nyy

    web.dev Guest

    Well, it's pseudocode. Just helping the person read it. But yes,
    otherwise I wouldn't have written it the way I did.

    web.dev, Sep 16, 2005
  11. That sounds more like employment than school. The point of going to
    school is learning enough to be well paid for your work.

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Sep 16, 2005
  12. nyy

    bgulian Guest

    Admittedly, I've only been using javascript for a couple of years but
    in my 15 years of C++ use

    while (success == false)

    seems perfectly fine and a lot more readable than "while ( !success )".
    Please explain why this is wrong.

    bgulian, Sep 16, 2005