Need PHP Developer, Location: New Jersey, Duration: 6months

kin

Hi,
Please respond to (e-mail address removed)

The position involves the design and development of data-intensive
business applications. Our existing applications support a variety of
high-traffic financial services offered via the Internet. You will be
a part of a larger team developing and extending these applications
for new requirements while tuning the existing applications as our
business continues to expand.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

PHP Rek

--Minimum of 3 years of programming in PHP, Perl, or C

--Minimum of 3 years with HTML, Javascript

--Excellent knowledge and experience with MySQL, writing queries,
reports, and stored procedures

--Excellent problem solving skills

--Must work well in a team environment

--Good communication skills, both written and verbal

DESIRED SKILLS:

-Good working knowledge of Linux

Thanks.

Arne Vajhøj

kin said:
Please respond to spammer@spammerunited
REQUIRED SKILLS:

PHP Rek
--Minimum of 3 years of programming in PHP, Perl, or C
--Minimum of 3 years with HTML, Javascript
--Excellent knowledge and experience with MySQL, writing queries,
reports, and stored procedures

Does anyone know what this type of spammer gain by
posting this type of spam?

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Peter said:
A PHP developer who doesn't mind working for a spammer?

Or maybe a paid commission for finding such a developer...

I can see why they would ask for a Java developer here.

Posting a Java job ad here may actually get some extra applicants.

But I find it hard to believe that a PHP job ad here will get
any extra applicants at all.

Those interested would read the PHP group/groups.
I think a lot
of this kind of spam is from head-hunters, and not the actual hiring
company.

Sounds very plausible.

Arne

Lew

Peter said:
If it cost the spammer anything to post to the newsgroup, they would be
more selective. You're absolutely right that the probability of finding
an appropriate candidate is very low here. But it's not zero, while the
cost is zero. As such, by including this newsgroup the spammer has
marginally increased their chances of finding a suitable candidate
without any real increase in their own cost.
On the bright side, if they actually do find a PHP developer by posting
in this newsgroup, they'll get just the idiot they deserve. :)

You have demonstrated here that the actual cost to the spammer is not zero, if
they were to account for the cost of attracting unqualified candidates.

markspace

Lew said:
You have demonstrated here that the actual cost to the spammer is not
zero, if they were to account for the cost of attracting unqualified
candidates.

But I think that's a cost the hiring company assumes, not the spammer.
The spammer gets his finders fee up front and then is gone.

Maybe in the long run, no one will employ said spammer anymore because
of the cruddy quality of his leads, but that's a ways down the road.
And I doubt the spammer has much in the way of job qualifications, or
he'd do something else. Being a spammer is probably better than
flipping burgers.