need python+windows edit control help

Eric S. Johansson

I'm back with yet another attempt at adding accessibility features using Python
and NaturallySpeaking. I've simplified the concepts again and I really need some
help from someone who knows Microsoft Windows and Python. My goal is developing
a template for what I'm trying to do, then I can take over and generate some
useful accessibility tools.

The core idea is an accessibility adjunct program receiving focus at
start-of-utterance and returns focus to the original application at
end-of-utterance. The window associated with the program contains a grid. Within
the grid is an active cell which can accept input. Any cell could be made active
depending on the state of the program but only one cell accepts input at any one
time.

How would this be used? For example, the Skype IM window is atrocious for its
disabled users. If one associated at two cell window accessibility adjunct
program with Skype, the user could dictate, edit, retrain, etc. within the
adjunct program and on command, return the data to Skype. One could also contain
a small history so that like Skype, you could go back and edit a previously sent
message.

a second use case is found on my blog http://blog.esjworks.com which is the tool
to create mangled codenames from speech. I think the grid model works better
than individual text fields that I originally wrote because it allows me to make
better use of a cache of previously generated symbols.

Anyway, if anybody can help, I would really appreciate some assistance.

--- eric