Need to know more information of mobile

Sara T.

Friends,

I develop WAP page with using ASP.NET that works fine. If I need to know
some information of client side (mobile) such as screen resolution, has the
way to implement ?

I check in header with using Request.Headers.GetKey but I cannot find it.

Please give me some suggestion.

Sara.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

Sara T. said:
I develop WAP page with using ASP.NET that works fine. If I need to know
some information of client side (mobile) such as screen resolution, has the
way to implement ?

I check in header with using Request.Headers.GetKey but I cannot find it.

AFAIK the browsers dont send that info. The only way is to have a database.
IntraWeb for ASP.NET extends the WAP capabilities, and tahts one of the
things it adds is a WAP DB with phone info for resoltion, color depth, etc.

There might be a browsercaps file for WAP like there is for HTML too.

Sara T.

Thanks a lot.
Do you know where I can get that database? Or does anybody have already
made?

Moreover I use properties ScreenWidth/ScreenHeight in ASP.NET but it doesn't
work too. What does it work for?

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

Sara T. said:
Do you know where I can get that database? Or does anybody have already
made?

I dont know if there is a WAP version of ScrenCaps or not. The DB I
referenced is embedded in the 3P product and not available separately.
Moreover I use properties ScreenWidth/ScreenHeight in ASP.NET but it
doesn't work too. What does it work for?

They are probably just legacy/common properties. In IntraWeb for ASP.NET they
work as expected.

Sara T.

Thanks again for your information.

Firstly, I've just known that there is information in header of HTTP or some
URL link in the HTTP header that refers to each vendor in xml format which
contains the information.

If not, I might collect by myself.