Need VB.Net References

A P

Hi!

I am new to VB.Net, and I am task to develop web based applications using
VB.Net . I only have these infrastructure:

Win2K server SP4 with .Net Framework 1.1
Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard
Using MS Access as its database

I need a book/Internet URL that can easily guide me. Hope you have some
suggestions.

Me

Karl Seguin

AP:
It would be nice if you told us what you did know...are you coming from
Java? ASP? PHP? are you generally new to programming? Do you already know
ASP.Net, just not VB.Net?

Anyways, since you didn't provide this information.

A great reference VB.Net book (and a decent learning book) is:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321169514/panopticoncen-20/104-3632199-2439132
This won't help you with ASP.Net, but will be great if you are relatively
knew to programming or BASIC

A nice introduction to ASP.Net w/VB.Net would be:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1861005040/104-3632199-2439132?_encoding=UTF8
or
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0957921861/104-3632199-2439132?v=glance

You can always try some online tutorials:
http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx
http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/default.asp

or do a google search

Karl

A P

Hi Karl,

Im previously using ASP to develop web-based applications. I am asking this
since I made an error buying books since VB.Net is not only used for web
applications, also for windows. So I want a book that mearly focusing on
developing web-based applications using VB.net only, from basic to advance.

Me

Cor Ligthert

AP,

There are two problems, using VBNet in ASPNET is mostly confused with a kind
of scripting what is not needed in ASPNET you can use DLL's. I see often all
kind of upgraded ASP samples what people call ASPNET and sometimes it is
(good scripting ASPNET) however seldom in the way with DLL's.

I know that there is a resource pack what is well filed with all kind of
samples and other material have a look at that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/asprk/

Cor

A P

How about books / URL that focus on Web Application using Access DB? Some
books that I see always focus on SQL Server DB.

Me