.net 2.0 Theme and Skins Question (Please Help Driving Me Crazy)

kfc1976

Hi All,
First of all, following are the facts
1) I've been trying to solve the following issue for the past 8 hours
(Not Kidding)
2) If I can't find the answer, It will drive me completely crazy

Platform:
XP Pro, .net 2.0 FrameWork, Visual Studio 2005

Problem Regarding:
Theme and skins in ASP.net 2.0

Achieved:
Was successfully able to apply skin and theme (With BACKGROUND Images)
to TEXT BOX, BUTTON, Calendar, Grid etc

Question:
I am trying to apply a theme with background image (defined in a css)
to a DropDownList and listbox but for some reason it will not show any
background image skin/theme when it rendered in the browser. However, I
can change background color, font color and such

Concern 1:
Is this a bug??????????????/

Concern 2:
If not a bug, then why the hell would Microsoft allow themes to be put
on all controls to change the look and feel but NOT dropdownlist and
listboxes

Thanks a million for whoever replies to this message
Thanks
Farooq

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If I understand correctly, you want a background image to show up in the
drop down portion of a dropdownlist control. If so:

Concern 1: No
Concern 2: Because HTML does not allow for "theming" of drop down portions
of a <SELECT> beyond basic font and color changes.

Why? Probably because nobody in the original spec writers thought of it or
thought it was important.

If this is not what you mean, please clarify. Hope this helps.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!