.net 3.5 ajax deployment problem

Hakan Ugur

Hi,

I got ajax application that is converted to version 3.5. It is working on my
machine well. But when I deployed it to one of our deployment machine, ajax
futures are not functioning and returns 'Sys is not defined javascript error
message. The machine has 3.5 framework, so we should not install ajax tool
separately. I also created very simple ajax web site and it is not working
also. Any help would be very grateful.

Help pleaseeee!!

Thanks

WebBuilder451

throwing out a few things to try here
1. the tool kit is an an un official add on for AJAX and is not included
with the asp.net sites 3.5. so sites are auto created for AJAX but you still
need to include items necessary for the tool kit.
2. check the bin folder on both and see if there are differences.
3. the site may have been converted but you may still be using ajax for 2.0
if this is the case you may need to install framework
--
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)

kes

Hakan Ugur

1. the tool kit is an un official add on for AJAX and is not included
with the asp.net sites 3.5. so sites are auto created for AJAX but you
still

It is not toolkit problem, core Ajax doesn't work. To confirm the problem,
I created basic web site that have only one webform in VS 2008. I added
update panel. And I added label and button into update panel. I wrote this
code on button server click:
Label1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();

It is working on my machine, but not in deployment box. I checked IIS, web
config and project properties that project is compiled with .net 3.5
framework. When I click the button, the page returns javascript error
message which is 'Sys is undefined' (this is typical Ajax is not installed
error message) , then it is updating label but with postback.

2. check the bin folder on both and see if there are differences.

There is no difference between bin folders. Because, I published web site by
clicking publish link on the context menu which is appearing on right click
at web site project in solution explorer. Then, I tested published web site
on my machine(it is working well). Then, I just copied all files to
deployment box.

3. the site may have been converted but you may still be using ajax for
2.0
if this is the case you may need to install framework

Site is definitely using 3.5.

Thanks for your answer.

Hakan Ugur

The problem is fixed. The problem was, axd was not mapped in IIS. To define
it, go to IIS->Site properties-->Home Directory-->configuration-->Mappings,
add axd extension. Executable path should be your framework directory.

WebBuilder451

Thanks for posting your fix. I'll remember it.