.Net and Classic ASP

scott

Is there any way to maintain variables between aspx and asp files other than
query strings? Is there a cookie trick that could maybe hold a user's access
level variable?

Kyle Peterson

there are some tricks..

I cant find the article right now but one guy would set session variables in
..NET then redirect to an asp and set the same variables.

or vice versa

and he somehow had some security in there to keep people from setting
variables whenthey were not supposed to

I think I saw a forum post about it on www.powerasp.com a while back

sounds aweful but sometimes ya got to do what ya gotta do when your slowly
migrating to the new stuff

he said it worked great and he had a pretty busy site from what I rememeber

there is also some product out there you install on the server...

scott

Can you give me any ideas of search terms that may help me find that product
you mentioned or any articles that may exist?

i'd really like to break into .net, but have much invested in current asp.

Michael D. Kersey

Kyle said:
there are some tricks..
I cant find the article right now but one guy would set session variables in
.NET then redirect to an asp and set the same variables.
or vice versa
and he somehow had some security in there to keep people from setting
variables when they were not supposed to
I think I saw a forum post about it on www.powerasp.com a while back
sounds aweful but sometimes ya got to do what ya gotta do when your slowly
migrating to the new stuff
he said it worked great and he had a pretty busy site from what I rememeber

Sounds a littl like
"Sharing Cookies Across Domains"
By Wayne Berry
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/971108.htm

But perhaps the articles about "Multiple Session Cookie(MSC)"
by Edmond Wychowsky's may be more relevant:
http://builder.com.com/5100-6373-1048791.html
and the preceding article
http://builder.com.com/article.jhtml?id=u00220020619woy01.htm