.NET and Office XP but Access Denied

Philip Lee

Dear all,

Platform: Windows 2000 server
ASP.NET (using VB.NET 2003)
Office XP

When I reference to Word 10.0 Object Library (C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\MSWORD.OLB), then I just
wirte:

Dim WordApp as New Word.Application
And I got error "System.UnauthorizedAccessException:
Access is Denied"
When I change <identity impersonate="false"> to <identity
impersonate="true" username="administrator" password="">
in web.config, problem solves, but I don't want to change
this config because I don't know administrator password in
production server. Any method to use object library but
need not change settings?

Thanks in advanced

Philip

Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net

Philip,

The ASPNET user does not have permission to use the Word. You will need to:
1) Allow ASPNET to launch word
2) Create a user on the box with permission to open word and impersonate hat
user (Recommended)

Other solutions will follow I'm sure ;)

Tom
= Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net, MCAD.net, MCP
= 45Wallstreet.com (www.45wallstreet.com)
= (803)-345-5001
= If you are not making any mistakes
..= ..you are not trying hard enough.
This is the spam catching address: (e-mail address removed) do not use this address
or you will be blocked at the server ;)

Philip Lee

Thank you very much.

But I would like to ask what permission should I grant?
ASPNET user belonged to USERS group already and other
USERS group user can launch word. I just give ASPNET file
permission at Office folder or modify some settings in
local security policy? I don't want to grant administrator
rights.

Thanks again

Philip