New Software Development Articles Directory

CBFalconer

editormt said:
A new links directory of articles related to software development
is "under construction" on http://www.softdevarticles.com/

Please feel free use it in future research and to contribute with
your articles on c.

Anything of this sort posted via google is automatically suspect,
and probably worthless. No self-respecting developer uses google
for usenet access, except in rare conditions, such as being in a
location that prevents access to a news server. The reason being
that google is a highly flawed interface to the usenet system.

--
Some informative links:
< <http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/>

Richard Bos

CBFalconer said:
Anything of this sort posted via google is automatically suspect,
and probably worthless. No self-respecting developer uses google
for usenet access, except in rare conditions, such as being in a
location that prevents access to a news server. The reason being
that google is a highly flawed interface to the usenet system.

And indeed, the site is badly designed, there seems to be very little if
any own content and many links to who-knows-where, and the C content is
zero.

Richard

Al Balmer

Like it or not, I see many people post useful information via Google,
for whatever reason. It's not sufficient reason to dismiss anyone's
articles or work product.
No self-respecting developer uses google

And indeed, the site is badly designed,

Interesting. I rather liked the design. Even the ads are unobtrusive,
so far.
there seems to be very little if
any own content

Not surprising in a links directory.
and many links to who-knows-where,

Again, not surprising in a links directory. There's nothing unusual or
suspicious about the links - they show plainly, with no attempt to
obfuscate or redirect.
and the C content is
zero.

There's a place for it, and I don't expect this type of site to spring
full-blown from the head of the creator, or the creator to be expert
in all aspects of computing. It's obviously intended to grow.

Malcolm

Richard Bos said:
And indeed, the site is badly designed, there seems to be very little if
any own content and many links to who-knows-where, and the C content is
zero.
Which is why the site owner is posting here, in the hopes of getting some.
It probably won't take off as a major programming resource, but the post is
entirely legitimate.