New VPS Provider needed

Îικόλαος

I know this isn't the place to ask but since most of you are web
programmers also, you possibly do hosting too.

Problem is also that i made the mistake of paying my current provider up
until 5/5/2014

I had nothing but trouble with them and they wont refund back.
I lost 4 customers, good websites due to their inability.

I can even provide proof for what i paid and for the period iam writing
5/5/14

So, no refunds back and 4 customers left me these days because of
constant issues with them.

So, if someone want to help me out it would be nice if he could provide
me with services free of charge for that time period, or at least at the
end of they year.

Please someone help me out to this and then i will be his devoted customer.

This is my need:

1. I will pay for a full year upfront but it must be a low price for the
1st year, because i have already paid them and cant get my money back to
use it to the new com opany.
2. cPanel/WHM && Softaculous Licenses must be moved from them to the new
VPS provider
3. Tranfer of the current 6 websites free of charge and assure that they
work properly after transfers(they are joomlas and 2 dreamweavers)
4. Some help over the road when i need somthign to be installed like a
new python version and a couple of modules.

Chris Angelico

So, if someone want to help me out it would be nice if he could provide me
with services free of charge for that time period, or at least at the endof
they year.

Are we allowed to go peeking at all your customers' private/personal data again?

ChrisA

Îικόλαος

Στις 27/8/2013 11:12 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:
And once again Nikos demonstrates a significant lack of comprehension
of trust. In private messages to me he implies that I am joking in the
above; while this is partly true, it is also a completely serious
comment.

ChrisA

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers becaue
the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

The last thing i need is Chris Angelico making fun out of this

So, knock it off.

Tim Delaney

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers becaue
the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Given your posting history in this newsgroup/mailing list, I wouldn't be so
sure that the problem is on your VPS provider's end.

Tim Delaney

Îικόλαος

Στις 27/8/2013 12:06 μμ, ο/η Tim Delaney έγÏαψε:
On 27 August 2013 18:45, Îικόλαος <[email protected]

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Given your posting history in this newsgroup/mailing list, I wouldn't be
so sure that the problem is on your VPS provider's end.

Tim Delaney

It is not a python issue here, it is wrong VPS setup by them, mails fail
to work, quota issues, cannot migrate webistes from preblematic VPS to
new VPS

check for example

varsa.gr how it lloks after their migration.

Chris Angelico

Óôéò 27/8/2013 12:06 ìì, ï/ç Tim Delaney Ýãñáøå:
On 27 August 2013 18:45, Íéêüëáïò <[email protected]

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Given your posting history in this newsgroup/mailing list, I wouldn't be
so sure that the problem is on your VPS provider's end.

Tim Delaney

It is not a python issue here, it is wrong VPS setup by them, mails fail to
work, quota issues, cannot migrate webistes from preblematic VPS to new VPS

check for example

varsa.gr how it lloks after their migration.

So...

1) Your host makes a change
2) You have no clue what that change has done
2a) Even though anyone who knows a bit of PHP (and I have to confess
that includes me) will be able to tell at a glance what's going on,
from that page.
3) You blame your host.
4) You ask python-list for some free web hosting
5) You then do not understand that, if one of us offers his server to
you, there is a massive trust issue.
6) You have no clue.

Deny that if you will! And deny also that you are the SHROPSHIRE SLASHER!

ChrisA

Joel Goldstick

[...]

Michael Corleone: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

Îικόλαος

Στις 27/8/2013 12:38 μμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:
���� 27/8/2013 12:06 ��, �/� Tim Delaney ������:
On 27 August 2013 18:45, �������� <[email protected]

[...]

When the VPS Provider makes a change and move me form an old vPD to a
new one they should assure all work as expected. They dont bother ven
replying. ven my mail dont owrk as expected.
And the task for handlign php or altering complex linux configurations
is up to them not to me that why i pay pay for a managed VPS.
They cannot ven install 'pymysql' and 'pyfeoip' properly so superhost.gr
will run as intended and not give internal servers errors let alone the
faulty migrtaion of joomla's varsa.gr and other weird php errors.

Will you continue to blame me or propose an alternative?

Antoon Pardon

Op 27-08-13 12:00, Îικόλαος schreef:
[...]

Maybe it does. It is possible your website depended on undocumented
features and that one of those features is no longer available. So
your website works as expected.

Îικόλαος

Στις 27/8/2013 1:26 μμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγÏαψε:
Maybe it does. It is possible your website depended on undocumented
features and that one of those features is no longer available. So
your website works as expected.

This is not the case here. No fancy modules.

in the old VPS varsa.gr was working well. They just had other issues there.

Sicne it was working in the old VPS they should migrate and configure
appropriately the new VPS top work well there too.

David

I know this isn't the place to ask

Íéêüëáïò is 100% correct about this.

So, this list is also not the correct place to answer.
So please everyone, do not respond. Thanks.

Îικόλαος

Στις 27/8/2013 2:18 μμ, ο/η David έγÏαψε:
�������� is 100% correct about this.

So, this list is also not the correct place to answer.
So please everyone, do not respond. Thanks.

Actually it is.
Poeple are web programmers here and lots of them doing hosting.
You dont like my questions, block me, but just stop answering unhelpfully.

Antoon Pardon

Op 27-08-13 13:21, Îικόλαος schreef:
Στις 27/8/2013 2:18 μμ, ο/η David έγÏαψε:

Actually it is.
Poeple are web programmers here and lots of them doing hosting.

Which is irrelevant. People are cat owners too. That doesn't make
this list the correct place to ask and get answers about cats.
You dont like my questions, block me, but just stop answering unhelpfully.

You are not in a position to demand anything from people here.

Chris “Kwpolska†Warrick

Actually it is.
Poeple are web programmers here and lots of them doing hosting.

Fortunately, most of them would not trust you. And in case they
would, a quick search through what happened on this list a while ago
should fix that.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Actually it is.
Poeple are web programmers here and lots of them doing hosting.

And many are NOT web programmers and are not "doing hosting".

While I maintain the Bestiaria pages, those are static pages -- the
only programming is that I run a Python script every few months to
regenerate the pages after I've manually updated a MySQL database that is
running on my desktop (and I still haven't confirmed I can access that
since I upgraded to a new computer <G>). I don't even know who the service
provider is -- the site is owned by someone else who just asked me if I
could do the HTML (oh, and with the new computer, I'm going to have
problems with that too -- my HTML editor is not supported: HomeSite 5; so I
need to find something new for that too)

Your provider made some change and suddenly only YOUR sites have
failed? No one else is complaining to the provider?

That would seem to indicate that the fault is in your coding -- perhaps
making use of undocumented features or were coded to work around some buggy
implementation -- and in the new system the bug is now gone, but your code
is still trying to use it.
You dont like my questions, block me, but just stop answering unhelpfully.

I'd like to -- but your username is full of characters my (paid) news
reader chokes on when defining a filter.

That you are unable to conceive that faults may be yours and that
others do not owe you a solution to your problems?

Neil Cerutti

???????? is 100% correct about this.

So, this list is also not the correct place to answer. So
please everyone, do not respond. Thanks.

I can't understand how this savant at anti-killfile-fu can't
otherwise manage his server.

Îικόλαος

Στις 27/8/2013 3:25 μμ, ο/η Dennis Lee Bieber έγÏαψε:
Your provider made some change and suddenly only YOUR sites have
failed? No one else is complaining to the provider?

That would seem to indicate that the fault is in your coding -- perhaps
making use of undocumented features or were coded to work around some buggy
implementation -- and in the new system the bug is now gone, but your code
is still trying to use it.

How come then they were working in the old VPS in the same company and
in the new VPS implementation do not?

Tim Chase

Frankly, it's not. It's called the Python mailing list because it's
for discussing *Python*. Otherwise, it would be called "Python and
random irrelevant topics" mailing list.

There are plenty of web-hosting forums (forae?) where such topics
would be appropriate. I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who
read SciFi/Fantasy books, or cook, but it's not an appropriate forum
on which to discuss literature or culinary arts.
I'd like to -- but your username is full of characters my
(paid) news reader chokes on when defining a filter.

I've found it helpful to just use "@superhost.gr" as a From/Sender
filter, along with the couple gmail addresses I've caught for him.

-tkc

MRAB

Frankly, it's not. It's called the Python mailing list because it's
for discussing *Python*. Otherwise, it would be called "Python and
random irrelevant topics" mailing list.

There are plenty of web-hosting forums (forae?) where such topics
would be appropriate. I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who
read SciFi/Fantasy books, or cook, but it's not an appropriate forum
on which to discuss literature or culinary arts.
[snip]
Re Latin:

Singular: forum
Plural: fora

If the plural was "forae" then the singular would be "fora".

However, in English, just use "forums".

Grant Edwards

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers becaue
the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.