New VPS Provider needed

Chris Angelico

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers becaue
the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

ChrisA

Ferrous Cranus

Στις 27/8/2013 5:25 μμ, ο/η Grant Edwards έγÏαψε:
Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers becaue
the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Perhaps....
Then perhaps its just you faulty head understanding my typing.

Steven D'Aprano

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

Guys, PLEASE stop baiting Nikos with snide remarks. It makes this a very
unpleasant environment, and sets the tone of the community, badly.

Steven D'Aprano

Îικόλαος is 100% correct about this.

So, this list is also not the correct place to answer. So please
everyone, do not respond. Thanks.

Asking for recommendations for a hosting provider that supports Python 3
very much is on-topic. (Besides, we often have off-topic discussions on
this list.)

Îικόλαος has asked for help finding a Python-friendly hosting company. I
don't know any hosting companies other than what I would discover by
googling, so I can't help him.

Nikos, I'm not interested in getting into a debate about who is to blame
for your website breaking. You have asked your question, nobody is
obliged to help you, if anyone has a recommendation they will reply, and
if they don't, they won't. That is the way things are, so just accept it.

Ferrous Cranus

Στις 27/8/2013 7:25 μμ, ο/η Steven D'Aprano έγÏαψε:
Asking for recommendations for a hosting provider that supports Python 3
very much is on-topic. (Besides, we often have off-topic discussions on
this list.)

Îικόλαος has asked for help finding a Python-friendly hosting company. I
don't know any hosting companies other than what I would discover by
googling, so I can't help him.

Nikos, I'm not interested in getting into a debate about who is to blame
for your website breaking. You have asked your question, nobody is
obliged to help you, if anyone has a recommendation they will reply, and
if they don't, they won't. That is the way things are, so just accept it.

Okey, i can accept that, what i don't accept is fun on my dispense
especially when iam facing such difficulties.

I alredy lost 4 customers :(

Steven D'Aprano

I alredy lost 4 customers :(

Nikos, you are mistaking us for your personal friends. We're not. We
don't care if you lose 4 customers or 400, whether you become successful
web developer and become rich, or end up homeless. Our only relationship
to you is that you are a fellow Python user, and we are volunteering to
help teach people Python. That includes you. But you are just another
stranger half a world away.

I am truly sorry that I have to tell you these harsh truths, but you need
to understand that trying to beg for sympathy is just going to alienate
people and make them less willing to help. You need to be professional
here. That doesn't mean you can't be friendly. Maybe, if you are pleasant
and interesting and give as much help as you receive, you will even make
some friends here. But don't presume that we are your friends and care
about your troubles. We all have troubles of our own.

Neil Cerutti

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

Guys, PLEASE stop baiting Nikos with snide remarks. It makes
this a very unpleasant environment, and sets the tone of the
community, badly.

I limit myself to one snide remark every time he escapes my
killfile. 'Cause I wish he would stop.

Gene Heskett

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Grant Edwards

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

Guys, PLEASE stop baiting Nikos with snide remarks. It makes
this a very unpleasant environment, and sets the tone of the
community, badly.

I limit myself to one snide remark every time he escapes my
killfile. 'Cause I wish he would stop.

He hasn't escaped from mine yet, but all this backsplatter is unbecoming.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
<http://www.armchairpatriot.com/What Has America Become.shtml>
Of ______course it's the murder weapon. Who would frame someone with
a fake?
law-abiding citizens.

Antoon Pardon

Op 27-08-13 18:18, Steven D'Aprano schreef:
Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

Guys, PLEASE stop baiting Nikos with snide remarks. It makes this a very
unpleasant environment, and sets the tone of the community, badly.

Why don't you tell Nikos he should stop baiting the list with off topic
requestsm like whether someone is willing to provide him free hosting?

I also think you are over reacting. One thread where people come with
snide remarks doesn't turn the whole newsgroup/mailinglist into an
unpleasant environment.

Ferrous Cranus

Hello Steven,

Iam not trying to beg for your sympathy, i'am just expressing my frustration for my web hosting issues and i do that because i wanted to ask you for an alternative web service(python 3 enabled).

Its totally human for one to express his own feeling to a python related and web host related issue in a python newsgroup.
Also is a matter of character each person has and iam an open human being and feel like makign friend easy.

Let alone that it is also a business offer for someone that wants to host my limited/joomla websites and make money out of it.

Steven D'Aprano

Op 27-08-13 18:18, Steven D'Aprano schreef:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Grant Edwards

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

Guys, PLEASE stop baiting Nikos with snide remarks. It makes this a
very unpleasant environment, and sets the tone of the community, badly.

Why don't you tell Nikos he should stop baiting the list with off topic
requestsm like whether someone is willing to provide him free hosting?

I quote:

1. I will pay for a full year upfront but it must be a low price
for the 1st year, because i have already paid them and cant get my
money back to use it to the new com opany.

I get it. You don't like Nikos. I'm not suggesting you should. But
misrepresenting him is Not Cool. He has offered to pay.

Besides, Python-friendly web hosting is not off-topic. Plenty of people
have asked for recommendations on hosting providers that support Python
before.

I also think you are over reacting. One thread where people come with
snide remarks doesn't turn the whole newsgroup/mailinglist into an
unpleasant environment.

My wife often tells me it is a miracle that I don't forget my own name,
but even my memory is not so bad as to forget just how unpleasant and
hostile this list became a month or so ago when a whole bunch of people
decided to drive Nikos away, and he decided to fight back.

Antoon Pardon

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 00:41:17 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Grant Edwards

Iam having major issues with my VPS provider and losign customers
becaue the provider doesnt set thign u[ cprrectly.

Perhaps he's also having problems with a faulty keyboard.

Just a faulty key actuator, I think. Nothing unusual in this world.

Guys, PLEASE stop baiting Nikos with snide remarks. It makes this a
very unpleasant environment, and sets the tone of the community, badly.

Why don't you tell Nikos he should stop baiting the list with off topic
requestsm like whether someone is willing to provide him free hosting?

I quote:

1. I will pay for a full year upfront but it must be a low price
for the 1st year, because i have already paid them and cant get my
money back to use it to the new com opany.

You are quoting selectively.
I get it. You don't like Nikos. I'm not suggesting you should. But
misrepresenting him is Not Cool. He has offered to pay.

IMO you are misrepresenting by quoting selectively. This from earlier
in that same post:

| So, if someone want to help me out it would be nice if he could
| provide me with services free of charge for that time period, or at
| least at the end of they year.

That he offered to pay, doesn't contradict his primary request is for
services free of charge.
Besides, Python-friendly web hosting is not off-topic. Plenty of people
have asked for recommendations on hosting providers that support Python
before.

He didn't ask for people experiences with various hosting providers. He
was asking people here to provide hosting services for him.
My wife often tells me it is a miracle that I don't forget my own name,
but even my memory is not so bad as to forget just how unpleasant and
hostile this list became a month or so ago when a whole bunch of people
decided to drive Nikos away, and he decided to fight back.

This list didn't became unpleasand and hostile. The hostility was
contained to a few threads. It was easy enough to avoid the hostility
if that was important enough to you.

I also find your reporting on the facts misleading. People didn't just
decide to drive Nikos away. People were getting fed up with the ongoing
annoying behaviour of Nikos. It wasn't Nikos who decided to fight back,
it were the people who had enough of Nikos's inconsiderate behaviour
who decided to fight back.