    there a way to fish those assemblies out of there and use them?

    Thank you,
    Peter.

    Peter Zolja, May 1, 2006

  2. Peter Zolja

    Guest Guest

    NGEN-ed assemblies are machine - specific (processor type, etc) and so it is
    probably not a good idea to try this. the only increase in speed you'll get
    with an NGEN-ed assembly anyway is initial load time. Then end result from
    JIT compilation is machine code in either case, so it's doubtful you would
    gain any advantage.

    Peter

    Guest, May 1, 2006

  3. Peter Zolja

    Peter Zolja Guest

    NGEN-ed assemblies are machine - specific (processor type, etc) and so it
    Yes, I'm trying to speed up the initial load of the site. Unfortunately,
    because of memory constraints, I assume, our hosting company periodically
    dumps the cached/JITed machine code. So, even though I don't make any
    changes to the site the assemblies are recompiled many times. I haven't
    researched how often this happens but I would estimate at least once a day.

    The type of processor the hosting company uses is a mystery. I was hoping
    the generated machine code would be more generic; for example x86 vs 64bit
    rather than Intel vs AMD, in which case NGEN-ing would make a bit more
    sense. Then again, I don't know all the details.

    Thanks.

    Peter Zolja, May 1, 2006