Not working in IE6.0.2800.1106

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Thad, Feb 23, 2007.

  1. Thad

    Thad Guest

    I have a dilema... I have two lines of code to test if javascript will work
    in an old browser of mine. For some reason, it is not working in the old
    browser but works just fine in my newer version of IE6.

    The only two lines are...
    document.write("<a href=\"makeu5503.html\">Make a Tag</a>");
    document.write("<a href=\"makeu5503.html\">Make a Tag</a>");

    The calling line in the html is...
    <script type="text/javascript" src = "menujs2.js">
    </script>

    The two document.write lines are the only lines in the js file. Does the
    code look correct? Since they are the only lines of code, is there something
    I am missing in the js file? From my research, I am calling it correctly.
    The html page is xhtml transitional and it validates just fine. Any
    suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Thad

    Thad, Feb 23, 2007

  2. Thad

    VK Guest

    XHTML doesn't support document.write / document.writeln methods. It is
    relevant if you are serving the page with appropriate Content-Type
    like application/xhtml+xml

    If you are using bogus XHTML served as text/html then it's strange. It
    may be needed an actual demo page demonstrating the problem.

    VK, Feb 25, 2007