Numpy module

farrellpolymath

Hello to the group!

I've learned a lot about Ubuntu just trying to install numpy for Python 3.2..3. I've finally managed to put it in the Python3.2 directory but when I try to import it, I still get there's "no module named numpy." There are other modules in the same directory, like 'email' and it imports fine.

Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?

Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.

Peter Farrell

Chris Rebert

I've learned a lot about Ubuntu just trying to install numpy for Python 3..2.3. I've finally managed to put it in the Python3.2 directory but when I try to import it, I still get there's "no module named numpy." There are other modules in the same directory, like 'email' and it imports fine.

A. It properly belongs under "site-packages"
B. You ought to just install it using pip
(http://www.pip-installer.org ) or apt-get, rather than manually.
Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?

They are compatible.
http://scipy.github.com/faq.html#do-numpy-and-scipy-support-python-3-x :
"The first release of NumPy to support Python 3 was NumPy 1.5.0."

Cheers,
Chris

Benjamin Kaplan

--

Numpy is written in C. You can't just drop the source code into a
folder. It has to be compiled against that version of Python. You

Anssi Saari

Hello to the group!

I've learned a lot about Ubuntu just trying to install numpy for Python 3.2.3. I've finally managed to put it in the Python3.2 directory but when I try to import it, I still get there's "no module named numpy." There are other modules in the same directory, like 'email' and it imports fine.

Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?

Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.

What's the goal of this exercise? Ubuntu packages Python 3 and Numpy so
all you need to do is install packages python3 and python3-numpy.