OCRA with Prawn (or other libraries that require non-Ruby files)

Eric Christopherson

I'm trying to package a script into an .exe using OCRA. My script uses
Prawn, and it uses the font Helvetica. The problem is that the script
therefore requires the Helvetica.afm file found in
RUBYDIR\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\prawn-core-0.7.2\data\fonts.
Similarly, it seems to need
RUBYDIR\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\prawn-core-0.7.2\data\encodings\win_ansi.txt.
I know I can package extra files with OCRA, but they go in the src\
directory along with the Ruby script (or whatever subdirectory of that
you specify), rather than under the OCRAized copy of the Ruby
directory.

Is there any way to get it to include additional files under the
proper directory hierarchy?

Shawn Anderson

I was wondering the same thing. I was contemplating a rake task to compose
all my dependencies into a build directory. Seems like OCRA should have an
easy way to address this. I was also looking for a way to have OCRA load in
DLLs that are in system32.

/Shawn

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Eric Christopherson <