(Off topic) Cyberwar question

Skybuck

Hello,

One of my internet providers has blocked my broadband adsl internet
connection for over a 2 months now. They still steal money from my bank
account and they still hold the adsl line hostage, so I can switch over
to another ADSL internet provider. I could switch over to a (tv) cable
internet provider, however these are more expensive and only few
providers available because of mergers.

I am not happy about all this:

1. Blocked internet access.
2. Vastly reduced internet provider choice.
3. They stealing money and providing no service for it in return.
4. They received false complaints, they were too lazy to do proper
research, and now they accuse me of things I did not do, and even if I
did do it, it's not serious enough to disconnect anybody for 2 months.
What are they, internet police ? I don't think so ?!

The question is what to do about it ? I can see 4 options:

1. Switch to a more expensive (tv) cable internet provider.
2. Sue the ADSL internet provider.
3. Start a cyberwar against the ADSL internet provider. It's the
Italian Internet Provider (Tiscali). However I live in the Netherlands
where they are also present !
4. Stick with the current dial-up internet provider.

Here is what I have to say about the options:

1. I don't really want to switch to a more expensive (tv) cable
internet provider, since it's more expensive, and they also have the
same kind of contracts, so they may also disconnect me for no reason at
all ! Most internet providers have some lines in their contracts which
say: "We have the right to disconnect you at any time !". Ridicilous I
say ! That's dangerous ! People might have internet telephone, and then
they can't call the help services in case of fire or injury or other
dangerous situations ! Furthermore internet is becoming more and more
important, just disconnecting people for no reason or bullshit reasons
should not be allowed anymore ! Internet has become to important to
just let some internet provider mess it all up !

2. The law in the Netherlands even states that disconnecting equipment
from open communication networks without valid reason is a crime.
However the goverment does little against it. It's a new law.
Furthermore, most lawyers and judges know little about internet and
it's technology, the same can be said for the police, they know little
about it all, they are mostly busy catching street criminals and such.
Going to the police at least in my neighbourhood is useless. Same can
be said for the lawyers. However I am still waiting for the lawyers
response... they still have to make up their minds. Gje. It's only been
2 months... Gje.

3. So that brings me to option three. Cyberwar ! We could start a
cyberwar against such ISP's like Tiscali and block their networks from
our webservers, websites and homepages. They don't provide me, and us,
with services then we don't provide anymore of our services to them !
So their networks will become less valuable ! At some point if enough
people take part in the cyberwar, their users will switch, because they
can no longer access any websites. It's mean, it's not nice, but the
ISP is doing it already ! Should we do they same back at them ?

That's my question really:

Who is willing to start or support a Cyberwar against these kinds of
Evil ISP's ? and maybe you have some ideas about such a war yourself ?
we can discuss those.

You can also reply via e-mail at: (e-mail address removed)

If we do start a cyberwar maybe we will become anonymous to protect
ourselves somewhat.

I can be short about option four, it's working, but it ain't great. Me
not too happy about it. I was lucky I still have an old computer, with
an old 33k6 modem which is still supported by Windows 98. I can forget
about windows xp, it doesn't support it, as well as other older
phone/fax/data modems <- no driver support. I might buy a new 56k6
modem, but then I would have to replace one my graphics cards in my new
computer, and that kinda sucks as well... and the improvement won't be
that much and dial-up is kinda expensive... need to pay per minute...
but it's not too expensive for now. The problem is... downloading
larger stuff becomes a
problem... so that's not good. I am not happy about that.

Bye,
Skybuck !

Uri Guttman

why does saying it is off topic make it ok to post off topic stuff here?

do you have a perl question?

<snip of way off topic stuff>

uri

Skybuck The Destroyer

Uri said:
why does saying it is off topic make it ok to post off topic stuff here?

It seems common practice to mention off topic when appriorate or in
doubt.

It makes it more easy for filters to filter it out.

I thought I also read it somewhere in a posting guideline...
do you have a perl question?

Yeah,

Do you wanna join my CyberArmy ? So you can write perl scripts so that
users can install it on their websites and stuff like that ?

To block the Evil Tiscali ISP ?!

Going to Cyberwar is a lot of work you know... some many different
scripting languages and things to do. It would help if somebody else
wrote the perl scripts and tested it...

Bye,
Skybuck ;)

John Bokma

Tad McClellan said:
Making off topic posts is rude.

Skybuck is a 15 year old kid (?) that has been kicked away by at least one
ISP for a good reason. A welcome addition to a kill file, but on the other
hand, he has a short attention span, and might be gone tomorrow.

Uri Guttman

STD> It seems common practice to mention off topic when appriorate or in
STD> doubt.

STD> It makes it more easy for filters to filter it out.

STD> I thought I also read it somewhere in a posting guideline...

not here. no off topic posts allowed. find an appropriate newsgroup and
post it there.

STD> Yeah,

STD> Do you wanna join my CyberArmy ? So you can write perl scripts so that
STD> users can install it on their websites and stuff like that ?

that is not a perl question. you want to hire perl hackers go to
jobs.perl.org.

STD> Going to Cyberwar is a lot of work you know... some many different
STD> scripting languages and things to do. It would help if somebody else
STD> wrote the perl scripts and tested it...

not going there. bye bye.

uri

Prejt

John said:
Skybuck is a 15 year old kid (?) that has been kicked away by at least one
ISP for a good reason. A welcome addition to a kill file, but on the other
hand, he has a short attention span, and might be gone tomorrow.

What does exactly mean skybuck2000 ?

Skybuck

Update:

5. I will prepare all evidence and I will ask a Dutch
"Telecommunication watch dog" (called OPTA in short) to take a look at
my case.

Bye,
Skybuck.

beartiger

Tad said:
Making off topic posts is rude.

Labelling an off topic post does not make it any less rude.

Objecting to OT posts by replying to OT posts is stupid.

HTH,
John

Skybuck

Michele said:
Not that I (nor most of us) felt a need for it, but...

...good luck! Certainly a better option than spamming newsgroups with
OT requests, and one I recommend you for the future!

Michele

Hello Michele Dondi,

Are you as hot looking as your name sounds ?

Oh wait a minute I just saw your e-mail address.

You also have Tiscali.

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo.

Now I might have to block a potential hotchick in the future ;)

What I gotta do for some democracy and freedom.

The sacrifices... oh maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn......

Maybe the force be with us all, all the time =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck

Skybuck said:
Hello Michele Dondi,

Are you as hot looking as your name sounds ?

Oh wait a minute I just saw your e-mail address.

You also have Tiscali.

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo.

Now I might have to block a potential hotchick in the future ;)

What I gotta do for some democracy and freedom.

The sacrifices... oh maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn......

Maybe the force be with us all, all the time =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Ohhhhhh noooooooooooo......

I should have known better.

You probably a man with a girlish sounding name.

I fall with suck trickery sometimes. Stupid me ohhh noooo.

May god have mercy on my soul. I am no ******.

Faggots go to hell ! =D

I am a good hetero sexual if you can call it that at least.

I deserve to go to heaven !

It's the naggers who should go to HELLLL =D

One last question though:

Why do you use a free news reader and still supply part of your e-mail
address... ?

That's weird... I have never seen that before I think...

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.:

I guess the ****** food hit my brain and I am not even a ******, go
figure ! =D

Skybuck

I am feeling kinda funny/abusive/freespeech tonight:

John,

Did you know your name sounds like a goat ? =D

LOL enough said ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.:

Intentional top-posting... OHHHHH LOL

Notty me ! =D

Matt Garrish

Skybuck said:
You probably a man with a girlish sounding name.

Please do us all a favour and go back to whatever sandbox you normally
soil yourself in.

Matt

Jürgen Exner

Skybuck said:
You probably a man with a girlish sounding name.
I fall with suck trickery sometimes. Stupid me ohhh noooo.
May god have mercy on my soul. I am no ******.
Faggots go to hell ! =D
I guess the ****** food hit my brain and I am not even a ******, go
figure ! =D

<quote>
PROUD TO PLONK
Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy you.
Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.
</quote>

***PLONK***

Yours for a better Usenet

jue

John Bokma

Jürgen Exner said:
Yours for a better Usenet

Writing versatel.nl about Skybuck might indeed help for a better Usenet,
ploinking nor posting "I ploinked you" does :).

The post you replied to is IMNSHO sufficient enough to have his account
deleted, and I have informed versatel so.

Matt Garrish

I don't object to OT posts, dumbshit.

You are a slow one. In simpler terms, then: why do you think your
objecting to his objecting serves any more purpose? If his objection is
pointless, yours is just as much so.

Matt

beartiger

Matt said:
You are a slow one. In simpler terms, then: why do you think your
objecting to his objecting serves any more purpose? If his objection is
pointless, yours is just as much so.

I said I think it is stupid to post OT if you object to posting OT, and
I'm right. I never said objecting, in the abstract, was pointless,
wrong, or even stupid.

You, OTOH, are posting repeatedly and "ridiculously" OT, despite your
assertion that those who post "ridiculously" OT are "morons".

Skybuck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU LAME BASTARDS =D

COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT AT MY DIAL-UP PROVIDER.

So far they digging it.

Soon I'll switch to broadband and then I can UNDERGROUND.

Yeah baby.

I am going

I am going

I am going DEEPER UNDERGROUND ;) =D

And then I'll be anoumous just like YOU cowardly dipshits.

YEAH BABY =D

I love FREESPEECH hahahahahahahaha.

NEHNEHNEHNEH

Bye,