Off Topic: Does anybody here want a GMail account?

Eric A. Johnson

Hi,

If you want a GMail account, reply to this post... I will be happy to
extend you an invitation. I have ten, I think, right now, but fear not -- I
will watch this post for a while, and usually once I use up all of my
invites, it doesn't take long for them to be replenished.

-- Eric

dennis

hi eric,
could i please have a gmail account? my email address is
(e-mail address removed)

thanks,
dennis

dennis

Hi Eric,
May I have a gmail account please? my current email address is
(e-mail address removed)

Thank you very much,
Dennis

jkfosler

Hello Eric,
I would like a gmail invite if you still have one
thanks
(e-mail address removed)

Eric A. Johnson

By the way, I just checked, and they've increased the number of invites I
can have at once to 50! This means I have 48 invites left... and I'm
looking to use them!

-- Eric

Mark McIntyre

By the way, I just checked, and they've increased the number of invites I
can have at once to 50! This means I have 48 invites left... and I'm
looking to use them!

Yes, well that terrific. But now you've spammed the group twice, and
encouraged others to post offtopic replies, perhaps you could post your
ruddy gmail address so those interested can reply to you directly rather
than wasting our time here.

subnet

Eric A. Johnson said:
By the way, I just checked, and they've increased the number of invites I
can have at once to 50! This means I have 48 invites left... and I'm
looking to use them!

Also, consider using services like

http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php

instead of posting OT messages (nothing wrong with you, just wanted to
let you know in case you didn't).

Thomas Matthews

Eric said:
Hi,

If you want a GMail account, reply to this post... I will be happy to
extend you an invitation. I have ten, I think, right now, but fear not -- I
will watch this post for a while, and usually once I use up all of my
invites, it doesn't take long for them to be replenished.

-- Eric

Different method to get people's email addresses for
spamming. Way to go!

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Eric A. Johnson

subnet said:
Also, consider using services like

http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php

instead of posting OT messages (nothing wrong with you, just wanted to
let you know in case you didn't).

Thanks for the tip! I have just sent my invites to that website. Anybody
else who wants an invite please visit that website... thank you!

-- Eric

Eric A. Johnson

Thomas Matthews said:
Different method to get people's email addresses for
spamming. Way to go!
Heh... I don't spam people... it's offensive to me, and anyway, I have
nothing to sell! ;-)
I guess that might be a good idea, if a spammer wanted to... but it seems to
me that any real spammer would want to be able to email thousands at a time,
not four or five, or a dozen at most. Anyway, if you look elsewhere, you
can see that I just sent all of my invites to
http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php. It's a really good idea.

-- Eric

Eric A. Johnson

Mark McIntyre said:
Yes, well that terrific. But now you've spammed the group twice, and
encouraged others to post offtopic replies, perhaps you could post your
ruddy gmail address so those interested can reply to you directly rather
than wasting our time here.
--

Ummm... I didn't consider this to be spamming, really... I was simply trying
to share something I'm interested in. That's why I clearly marked this as
"Off Topic". I know how fascinated I was with GMail when I first heard of
it, and how excited I was when a coworker of mine finally gave me an invite.
I also realize that some people already have invites, and others may not
even be interested in GMail. To each their own. But if you don't enjoy
reading this topic, you can always choose not to read it.
You may want to look at subnet's message, and my reply to him. He actually
gave me a useful way to handle my situation (too many GMail invites), which
I took advantage of. He didn't criticize me, but rather was helpful. Thus,
I am now recommending that people go to http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php to
either get an invite or to get rid of their invites so that others can use
them. I will not be sending out invites personally in the future.
One more thing: You may not have noticed, but I have posted on-topic here,
as well. I am fairly a newbie, but I am following people's advice and
taking the subject seriously. I will try to refrain from being annoying.
Even you were a newbie, at some point in your life... so take it easy, will
ya?

-- Eric

Mark McIntyre

Ummm... I didn't consider this to be spamming, really... I was simply trying
to share something I'm interested in.

Yeah, well, I'm interested in Astronomy, motorbikes and 36-24-36 models,
but that doesn't give me carte blanche to spam unrelated groups with
messages about any of that.
That's why I clearly marked this as "Off Topic".

Marking it offtopic doesn't make it less offtopic! And if this became
either commonplace or permitted, the group would almost certainly
degenerate into a useless mess.
I know how fascinated I was with GMail when I first heard of it,
and how excited I was when a coworker of mine finally gave me an invite.

This may sound rude, but being excited by an email system is quite sad.
But if you don't enjoy
reading this topic, you can always choose not to read it.

Thanks, but its better if you simply don't pollute the group with it in the
first place, don't you think?

I will try to refrain from being annoying.

good plan