old asp .net 1.1 app has new sql 2000 problem

mattdaddym

Hi all,

I have an old ASP .NET 1.1 application that I haven't had time to
rebuild with .NET 2.0. No changes have been made to the application or
the SQL Server the application uses. I have a web form where users can
type multiple lines of text, and it is entered into an SQL database
(SQL 2000 Enterprise) into a column with a datatype of "text".
Recently (it seems out of nowhere), If my users enter a carriage
return into the webform, it becomes a question mark in the sql
database. It's really a bit funny, but also annoying, lol. Does anyone
have any idea why this might be happening?

To clarify. I'm typing text into a multiline textbox. For every place
I hit the return key, it is converted into a question mark in SQL. I'm
using standard .net sql insert commands, and I don't parse or modify
the text string in anyway. The question marks show whether I load the
data back into my webform, or even if I do a SQL query via Query
Analyzer. I'm stumped.

Thanks so much!