One default page for each directory

Gordowey

I do know if this is the right Group to post this question....

well, here I go..

I would like to know how can i do this

I would like to let my users typing ONLY "www.mysite.com/sp", to do
directty to the "default" page for this directory ....let´s say
"www.mysite.com/sp/default.aspx"

and

typing ONLY"www.mysite.com/en", to load the default page of the english
directory "www.mysite.com/en/default.aspx"

How can this be done?

- How can I configure my IIS to have "several default pages"..one in
each directory

- Should I do this programatically..

any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Alberto

kahtava

What version of .NET are you using?

The process of hiding query strings behind directory facades is
referred to as URL Rewriting...

There are many ways to implement URL Rewriting (IIS, ISAPI, Application
level)
From my experience most rewriting occurs at the application level, at
this level you generally configure your application through the
web.config or global.asax file

For more information see the following links:
.NET v2.0:
http://www.urlrewriting.net/en/default.aspx
.NET v1.1:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/URLRewriter.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/r...l=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/urlrewriting.asp
google "Url rewriting .net 1.1"

Guest

Hellow Gordowey,

If I understand your question/situation correctly, you want to load a
default page when the user goes to a particular subdirectory. You can use IIS
to configure default documents for you website. Go to Control
Panel.Adminstrative Tools.Internet Information Services and choose the
properties for the website you wish to configure. Under the Documents tab for
the website choose to enable Default Documents (the default is enabled). and
then choose the order and name of the documents. For each subdirectory on the
website, IIS will look for those documents in that order. I don't think you
have to do anything programatically.

In the case that you host the website with a hosting service, they will in
most probability have some type of control panel application where you can
choose the name and order of the default document/page to be loaded.