open inputs and Unisim libraries

Brian Davis

Has anyone else seen problems with changes to the
latest Xilinx 8.1 Unisim libraries?

I loaded up 8.1sp3 to do some S3E test code; structural code
that worked fine with 6.x now chokes XST because the newer
Unisim library lacks the default values needed to use 'open' on
unused primitive inputs. ( e.g. BUFGMUX with only I1 in use )

Replacing all the "open"s with '0' works at the expense of a routed
'0' net running around the chip.

Short of manually editing the Unisim library, or declaring all the
primitives myself, anyone know of another workaround?

Brian

6.3 unisim_vcomp.vhd BUFGMUX declaration:

component BUFGMUX
port
(
O : out std_ulogic := '0';
I0 : in std_ulogic := '0';
I1 : in std_ulogic := '0';
S : in std_ulogic := '0'
);
end component;

8.1 unisim_vcomp.vhd BUFGMUX declaration:

component BUFGMUX
port
(
O : out std_ulogic;