Oracle client and networking components were not found.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am trying to deploy an asp.net application to my web server. My
    application uses system.data.oledb to connect to an oracle database. On my
    development machine I have the oracle client 10g installed and my application
    works. But on the Web server I get the error below. I believe it is because
    the Oracle client was not installed on the web server. The web server has
    two drives, our techs installed the oracle client on one drive and my
    application is on the other drive and I still get the same error. Any help
    will be greatly appreciated.

    Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are
    supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or
    later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until
    these components are installed.

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Oracle client and
    networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle
    Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software
    installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are
    installed.

    Source Error:

    Line 220: OleDbDataAdapter daBS = new OleDbDataAdapter();
    Line 221: daBS.SelectCommand = cmBS;
    Line 222: daBS.Fill(DS,"BLANKET_STATUS");
    Line 223:
    Line 224: //buyer

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webreportmenu\blanketcontract.aspx.cs
    Line: 222

    Stack Trace:

    [OleDbException (0x80004005): Oracle client and networking components were
    not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part
    of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.

    Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +20
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider() +57
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
    ConnectionState& originalState) +44
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior) +304
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior) +77
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36
    WebReportMenu.BlanketContract.getData() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webreportmenu\blanketcontract.aspx.cs:222
    WebReportMenu.BlanketContract.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webreportmenu\blanketcontract.aspx.cs:102

    Guest, Nov 17, 2005