Oracle client and networking components were not found

Rud

Hi all,

We have a VS2003 ASP.Net application hosted on a Win2003 IIS 6.0 connected
to an Oracle database via MSDAORA.
It is working fine, except that from time to time it raises the error
"Oracle client and networking components were not found". Any further query
to Oracle is no longer working since the very first appearance of the error.
The only minimal workaround we found so far is to restart the application
pool, case in which the application gets back to normal.

Do you have any idea about a probable cause and about a permanent solution
for this ?

TIA,
Rud

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hi all,

We have a VS2003 ASP.Net application hosted on a Win2003 IIS 6.0 connected
to an Oracle database via MSDAORA.
It is working fine, except that from time to time it raises the error
"Oracle client and networking components were not found". Any further query
to Oracle is no longer working since the very first appearance of the error.
The only minimal workaround we found so far is to restart the application
pool, case in which the application gets back to normal.

Do you have any idea about a probable cause and about a permanent solution
for this ?

TIA,
Rud

Are you using Microsoft's Oracle Provider or Oracle's?