    IDEs which exist today. My work has decided to go with a Sun dev
    environment, and this means NB so I may focus on that,but I'd like to be
    able to recommend alternatives.

    JT, Jun 29, 2007

  2. JT

    stefanomnn Guest

    Hi, currently i use jdeveloper, and i think it' the best choise if you
    have to work with OC4J application server or oracle database. it
    offer features such us creating EJB from db table, very very useful.
    jdeveloper has also a good support for main frameworks, such as JSF or
    struct. at least, there are a lot of examples on oracle site
    (otn.oracle.com)
    as simple java coding, it' s a bit worse than eclipse, very bad
    automatic completition in jsp. but if use oracle db and OC4J, it is
    the best i think.

    stefanomnn, Jun 29, 2007

  3. JT

    Roedy Green Guest

    I have heard it is good product IF you are working with Oracle
    databases. Like most of these products, the one you are most familiar
    with is the one you can make sit up and beg, and therefore appears
    vastly superior to everything else.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html for some of the alternatives.

    The one I am using is Jetbrains IntelliJ. Its biggest drawback is the
    cost.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/intellij.html

    Roedy Green, Jun 29, 2007
  4. It is not as widely used as NetBeans and Eclipse, but if you like
    it then use it.

    If you need (for reasons I do not understand) to know all Java
    IDE's for job reasons then you probably should know JDeveloper
    and IntelliJ.

    Atne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Jul 1, 2007