OT: Not c related

Joe Estock

Sorry for the OT post everyone, however I just found out some very
wonderful news today and after finding out I had to share it with
everyone. First, a little background about myself. I got a D.U.I. when I
was 18 which I received court supervision on. I got another D.U.I. just
days before I turned 21...two D.U.I.'s under the age of 21 - I thought I
was screwed. I called up the lady who did my evaluation almost two years
ago and explained to her how I quit drinking and thought that a
re-evaluation was in order since I have a different outlook on alcohol
(and drugs) and I have an appointment there in two weeks. I also spoke
to my attorney today and found out that I only need to go to an informal
hearing to get my license back once I satisfy my requirements (eval,
treatment, etc). In other words, roughly one month from today I will
have my drivers license back in the state of Illinois. Now on to the
matter of why am I posting this here. Everyone here has been through
something traumatising in their life...some people handle it better than
others. The way I used to handle problems is with alcohol which creates
more problems. Take it from a guy who's been around and lived life for a
while...alcohol solves nothing. Since I quit drinking I can now get my
license back, and furthermore it has completely changed my entire
perspective on life in general. Having my license revoked was quit
difficult, but it is what made me become a computer programmer in the
first place. Even after I get my license back I will keep my current job
simply because it is the only thing I know and am good at. Those of you
who follow the postings in c.l.c are just like me - that is we all share
the same passion; programming using the c language. That is why I am
sharing this with all of you. Good luck in life and stay away from the
booze :)

Joe Estock

BGreene

Joe Estock said:
[...]

This is just a forum for C, your past or future are irrelevtant :)