Lloyd Sheen

For those who have followed this:

The cast of characters:

Vista Ultimate
IE8
Silverlight
Chrome

1. I installed IE8 RC1
2. Went to site to view content (tells me that I have to install
Silverlight)
3. Check registry (still there)

OK

4. Uninstall Silverlight
5. Install Silverlight
6. Result - still no go

So

7. Tried Chrome - no problem with Silverlight

OK

8. Uninstall IE8
9. WOW now UAC is turned on, wasn't before and now certain folders are
inaccessable even though I am admin etc.
10. Lets check sites for Silverlight
11. MS sites tell me to install, other non-MS sites recognise it in both
IE7 and Chrome

OK

12. Reinstall IE8
13. No change in which sites recognise Silverlight and those which don't
(MS wants to install Silverlight 2.0)
14. Now attempt to use Chrome and voila it works, of course IE8 doesn't

WHY and WHAT is IE(7/8) looking for and WHY can't it find it. Chrome does
with no problem.

IE7 was repaired in the middle so it really appears that this technology is
not very well defined for IE.

HELP or is there anyone from MS who cares about this?

Lloyd Sheen

George

I am sorry, but I do not get your exercises....
does it say IE8 RC1. RC means "release candidate" not a real release. just a
candidate.

So unless you are ready for something not working as it should do not play
with not-ready software.
But if you think you ready then do not complain about. I bet Microsoft has a
place where you can report bugs....

George.

Lloyd Sheen

George said:
I am sorry, but I do not get your exercises....
does it say IE8 RC1. RC means "release candidate" not a real release. just
a candidate.

So unless you are ready for something not working as it should do not play
with not-ready software.
But if you think you ready then do not complain about. I bet Microsoft has
a place where you can report bugs....

George.

Thanks for the reply but if you follow the whole story it entails IE7 which
is production and has the same problems. I only went thru the entire
exercise to eliminate some possible problems such as the RC status of IE8.

The problem stated in its simplest terms is that MS sites and some others do
not recognise Silverlight. This occurs mostly while viewing with IE (both 7
and 8RC1).

As for Connect I have given up on that. I have presented several problems
but most times the problem is just closed with a "not going to fixed" label.

LS