OT: Selling lots of C++ books cheap

Mike Wahler

Mike T said:
Hi,

I am moving. I am selling all my computer books;

You have indicated that you know your message is
off topic here, by your insertion of [OT] in your
message subject. Acknowledgment of lack of topicality
does not somehow make it appropriate to post your
solicitation here.

You can expect to have your message treated just
as any other spam message here, either ignored, or more
likely, the target of flames.

There are many newsgroups dedicated to buying, selling,
trading, etc. of any and all types of merchandise.
This is not one of them.

-Mike

Noah Roberts

You can expect to have your message treated just
as any other spam message here, either ignored, or more
likely, the target of flames.

IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few times
when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he is saying
that he has a few books that someone may get away with pretty cheap.
Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are rather
interesting and could be useful to someone here.

NR

WW

Noah said:
IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few
times when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he
is saying that he has a few books that someone may get away with
pretty cheap. Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are
rather interesting and could be useful to someone here.

ADs are off-topic here. If someone is looking for books that someone will
be already searching on eBay. The reason there is no for.sale in the name
of this newsgroup is because it is not for advertisements. Be it job,
books, political etc. Product announcements are a big exception, if done
with sense and once.

John Carson

Noah Roberts said:
IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few
times when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he
is saying that he has a few books that someone may get away with
pretty cheap. Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are
rather interesting and could be useful to someone here.

NR

What utter rubbish. Unsolicited advertising is the very essence of spam. Get
a dictionary.

Jack Klein

IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few times
when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he is saying
that he has a few books that someone may get away with pretty cheap.
Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are rather
interesting and could be useful to someone here.

NR

I suppose then that you would consider it acceptable if he posted
advertisements for low cost home mortgages or products for enlarging a
certain portion of the male anatomy? After all, someone here might be
interested in such things as well.

Get a clue. Spam is spam, and this most certainly is spam.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

David B. Held

Jack Klein said:
[...]
I suppose then that you would consider it acceptable if he
posted advertisements for low cost home mortgages or
products for enlarging a certain portion of the male anatomy?
After all, someone here might be interested in such things
as well.

Get a clue. Spam is spam, and this most certainly is spam.

Considering how often people come here asking for books
on C++ or programming, I don't see how those are comparable
to the original post. It's spam, but it's possibly good spam.

Dave

Noah Roberts

I suppose then that you would consider it acceptable if he posted
advertisements for low cost home mortgages or products for enlarging a
certain portion of the male anatomy?

This isn't alt.small.prick or any newsgroup related to any of the other
subjects you mentioned. This is not a proffesional mass emailer trying
to push his sleaze. IMHO there is a difference.

NR