Page works fine with internal webserver but not on IIS

Eric

Hi,

I developed my ASPX page on the build in webserver of VS2005 but when I try
to run it on IIS it doesn't work.

The error I get is:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location:
file:///E:/VB.NET%20projecten/website%20field%20service/PrecompiledWeb/website%20field%20service/fshome.aspx?page=home
Line Number 1, Column 2:<%@ page language="VB" autoeventwireup="false"
inherits="_Default, App_Web_hrphk8cp" %>
-^

What does it mean and what must/can I do to make it work on the IIS server
because that is what they are using at the office?

rg,
Eric

Rajeev Gopal

Hello Eric,

When you created the project in VS2005, did you opt for HTTP as the
Location type of File Based as location type?
For running of IIS, you should set it as HTTP.

Thanks,
Rajeev

Eric

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this?

I assume I can still switch?

rg,
Eric

Rajeev Gopal

Hi Eric,

I am not sure whether you can switch them....

What is happening is that by default, you create the project using File
System Based. As I said, you can change the option, when creating the
project.

Now what you can do is :
1. Go to IIS and create a new virtual directory.
2. go the folder, where your aspx files are saved. copy all the files
and paste them to the new directory
just created.

Now access the site as:
http://localhost/(New Folder Created)/Filename.aspx.

This should work.

Alternative is, you might want to create a new project (this time, opt
for HTTP.)

P.S: I will check whether you can switch in between or not.

Cheers!
Rajeev