Perl Dev Kit

Slickuser

Have any one familiar with Perl Dev Kit?

I want to compile my game.pl script to executable.
So I can run this command "game" anywhere on command windows. Maybe
set some environment variable?

Any help>

Currently, I have to run where game where it is located with such as
in the C drive otherwise I get this error.
C:\>game
'game' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
anywhere I want.

Thanks.

Ben Morrow

Quoth Slickuser said:
Have any one familiar with Perl Dev Kit?

I want to compile my game.pl script to executable.
So I can run this command "game" anywhere on command windows. Maybe
set some environment variable?

Any help>

Currently, I have to run where game where it is located with such as
in the C drive otherwise I get this error.

You have converted your perl script into a Windows .exe, so you now have
a file c:\game.exe?
C:\>game
'game' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Learn how to use your OS. You need to put it in a directory that is
named in the %PATH% environment variable; if you like, you can add a new
directory to %PATH% and put it there.

I believe you can also create a 'game.exe' key somewhere appropriate in
the registry with the full path, but I don't really know.
I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
anywhere I want.

C:\Windows is typically in %PATH% already.

Ben

Jürgen Exner

Slickuser said:
Currently, I have to run where game where it is located with such as
in the C drive otherwise I get this error.
C:\>game
'game' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Then why don't you add the location of your script to the search path?
I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
anywhere I want.

What a concept!
May I suggest to learn how to use the operating system you are using?

jue

PS: nothing of this has anything to do with Perl but would happen with
any other program just the same way.

John Bokma

Slickuser said:
I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
anywhere I want.

A slick user should IMNSHO know that working as Administrator is not a
smart thing to do.

You can set your PATH variable to the directory where game.exe is stored.