    I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
    anywhere I want.

    Thanks.

    Slickuser, Aug 15, 2008

  2. Slickuser

    Ben Morrow Guest

    You have converted your perl script into a Windows .exe, so you now have
    a file c:\game.exe?
    Learn how to use your OS. You need to put it in a directory that is
    named in the %PATH% environment variable; if you like, you can add a new
    directory to %PATH% and put it there.

    I believe you can also create a 'game.exe' key somewhere appropriate in
    the registry with the full path, but I don't really know.
    C:\Windows is typically in %PATH% already.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Aug 15, 2008

  3. Then why don't you add the location of your script to the search path?
    What a concept!
    May I suggest to learn how to use the operating system you are using?

    jue

    PS: nothing of this has anything to do with Perl but would happen with
    any other program just the same way.

    Jürgen Exner, Aug 15, 2008
  4. Slickuser

    John Bokma Guest

    A slick user should IMNSHO know that working as Administrator is not a
    smart thing to do.

    You can set your PATH variable to the directory where game.exe is stored.

    John Bokma, Aug 15, 2008