Perl server, SOAP and .NET client, how to communicate

Vic Russell

Can anyone give me a simple example of how to pass arguments between a .NET
(VB in my case) client and a Perl (SOAP::Lite) server. I have a small system
going which works with a Perl client but I need to replace it with a .NET
one. At the moment I can't get a simple string sent to the Perl server
although the correct Perl module is being executed.

I can return arguments to the .NET client but only in what seems a clumsy
way one parameter at a time rather than sending the full object back.

Any tips here VERY gladly received. It is a bit of a steep learning curve I
seem to have let myself in for!

Kind regards,

Vic

Ian Wilson

Vic said:
Can anyone give me a simple example of how to pass arguments between a .NET
(VB in my case) client and a Perl (SOAP::Lite) server. I have a small system
going which works with a Perl client but I need to replace it with a .NET
one. At the moment I can't get a simple string sent to the Perl server
although the correct Perl module is being executed.

I can return arguments to the .NET client but only in what seems a clumsy
way one parameter at a time rather than sending the full object back.

Any tips here VERY gladly received. It is a bit of a steep learning curve I
seem to have let myself in for!

Similar questions have had this sort of response:

"You probably want to have a namespace on the returned data items.
See the INTEROPERABILITY section of the SOAP::Lite docs."

You might want to post example code (as per the posting guidelines)
although a VB.Net newsgroup might also be a more appropriate venue.