Persist ADTG not Working

Susanth Sivaram

Hi,
I was trying to save a record set in ADTG format. using the following
code.
rs.Open strSQL, conn
rs.Save "D:\sql7.adtg",0

Later I try to retrive the data from the file using the following code.
rs.Open "D:\sql7.adtg","Provider=MSPersist",,,adCmdFile

But I had problems while retrieving the data from the file. Some fields
come properly. But the varchar or the String fields has some problem. When
the data is retrieved and written to a flat file to the harddisk, some junk
value is written. For eg. The varchar field is 20 chars wide and the value
in that is 10 chars wide. The rest 10 characters shows up some junk value.
This can be known while appending some other value to the retrieved value.
When I directly retrieve from the database, I dont have any problem.

I had also tried the other format adPersistXML. That also didnt work.
While retrieving I tried to retrieve with and without the connection. That
also didnt work.

The database used is RedBrick. But I am not sure whether this has to do
anything with the database. Please help.

Susanth Sivaram