php instead of frames

Jan Faerber

Hi -

there are so much postings and I am not so compitent.
But in former postings very often it says "frames are evil" and bla, bla,
bla

So I have now php installed and it seems running fine.
There are so many php tutorials and it is a huge block to study
and very "complicated".
The scripts contain much more than just replace frames.
e.g. forums, guestbooks, forms - a lot of things - and I can not find
something to start except the 10 lines you write to see if php
is correctly installed.
So are there tutorials or scripts only for this frame subject
or is it better to learn the hole thing or is it necessary?
I mean I can not learn the whole windows registry to compare it with that.

Jan

brucie

But in former postings very often it says "frames are evil" and bla, bla,
bla

because they are!
So I have now php installed and it seems running fine.
goody!

So are there tutorials or scripts only for this frame subject

you really need to be more specific on what you actually want to do. the
most common use of frames is to display navigation so the author doesn't
have to repeat it on every page. to include common elements in your page
using php you would just use something like:

<? include 'some-stuff.ext'; ?>

where you want the content of the some-stuff.ext file to appear in each
page.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.include.php
or is it better to learn the hole thing

yes