placement of dynamic control depends on VALUE of dynamic control

Larry Bud

A dynamic control (A dropdown) is created in PageLoad, but the value of
the dynamic control dictates where it's added (such as which cell in a
table) on a postback.

Seems like a catch-22. I need to retrieve the value of it, before it's
created... how do I do this?

bruce barker

in oninit you create it in the cell it was rendered in. then in onload
or click event you move it to the new location (remove and add).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)