Playing an audio file using Javascript

laredotornado

Hello, I had been given this code to play a single sound file embedded
in a page. Sadly, the code doesn't actually "play" any sound file.
Could you help supply some JS code that will play a sound file for both
IE and Mozilla?

Thanks, - Dave

<head>
<title>Make some noize</title>

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--

var Sound = new Object();
Sound.play = function Sound_play(src) {
if (!src) return false;
this.stop();
var elm;
if (typeof document.all != "undefined") {
elm = document.createElement("bgsound");
elm.src = src;
}
else {
elm = document.createElement("object");
elm.setAttribute("data",src);
elm.setAttribute("type","audio/x-wav");
elm.setAttribute("controller","true");
}
document.body.appendChild(elm);
this.elm = elm;
return true;
};

Sound.stop = function Sound_stop() {
if (this.elm) {
this.elm.parentNode.removeChild(this.elm);
this.elm = null;
}
};

//-->
</script>
</head>

onmouseover="Sound.play('klatschn.wav')"
onmouseout="Sound.stop()">Come over me</div>

Daniel Kirsch

Hello, I had been given this code to play a single sound file embedded
in a page.

Yes, that was me given you that code.
Have you included your sound file into the call here:
onmouseover="Sound.play('klatschn.wav')"

Daniel

laredotornado

Oops, I forgot that line.

Everything works great on all platforms, browsers. Thanks! -