Please advise me for a right solution

VP

Hi all,
Please advise me for a right solution based on your experience.

I need to create a web based inventory tool with specific requirements
such as:

* More then one group is going to use it.
* Authentication and authorization system based on user and group
privileges.

For example based on a group privileges group can add/edit/delete
their own stuff and having a read only access to other groups stuff.

etc.

What solution is better for that?

* CGI implementation from the scratch. It seems to much work and I am
not sure that this is right way.
* WSGI based frameworks such as Werkzeug, Pylons, repoze.bg for HTTP
requests and responds plus different components like AuthKit,
repoze.who and repoze.what, SQLAlchemy or raw SQL

I was trying to get those thing done by Django, but realized that
every time I have to extend Django admin interface or to extend user
profile etc.. I am not telling that Django is not good for this, just
personal fillings. May be I am wrong.

Well, what you recommend me?

Aahz

I need to create a web based inventory tool with specific requirements
such as:

* More then one group is going to use it.
* Authentication and authorization system based on user and group
privileges.

For example based on a group privileges group can add/edit/delete
their own stuff and having a read only access to other groups stuff.

Maybe this would help?
http://code.google.com/p/django-inventory/

I do think you should plan on using a framework of some kind, to handle
the authentication system at least.
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/