pls help me im desperate and in neeeeed of your help!!!

weepeez

gud day,

pls could i get codes which i can use to create an applet whose
functions are inter dependent and different panels...like i can
choose a shape from a menu bar or from bottons on a panel, and choose
and outline colour from a combo box from a different panel ... and
still another combo box on another panel where i can choose the fill
colour. i can also change the fill colour or outline colour without
having to start all over. and i'd love to be able to insert icons from
yet another panel and grapics, like background or just to fill into
the shape drawn or around the shape, outside the outline box... in
which case i can still fill the inside of the box as well.

pls, i am working on a J2SE platform and with JDK 5.0. id like to use
the AWT and Swing Compnents.

you can refer this message to anyone you think could add to your own
ides.pls. im open to as much learning as i can get.
thanks.

RedGrittyBrick

gud day,

pls could i get codes which i can use to create an applet whose
functions are inter dependent and different panels

Yes, you can often get source-code examples from the API documentation
and Tutorial information provided by Sun. You can download the API
documentation from Sun or just use a web-browser to look it up. I prefer
to have my Java IDE show me API documentation from a local copy.

Most people in this newsgroup prefer that you make some effort to write
code yourself and post it here, they'll then help with any specific
problems you have with your code. I recommend you Google for SSCCE.

If you are new to Java, start with a desktop application before
progressing to applets. Some would advise you start with non-GUI apps
before progressing to Swing.

...like i can choose a shape from a menu bar

Have you read the relevant API documentation?
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/swing/JMenuBar.html

Have you read the relevant tutorial?
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/menu.html

or from bottons on a panel, and choose and
outline colour from a combo box from a different panel ... and still
another combo box on another panel where i can choose the fill colour. i
can also change the fill colour or outline colour without having to
start all over. and i'd love to be able to insert icons from yet another
panel and grapics, like background or just to fill into the shape drawn
or around the shape, outside the outline box... in which case i can
still fill the inside of the box as well.

pls, i am working on a J2SE platform and with JDK 5.0. id like to use
the AWT and Swing Compnents.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/

you can refer this message to anyone you think could add to your own
ides.pls. im open to as much learning as i can get. thanks.

I found "Learning Java", published by O'Reilly, well worth the purchase
price. I recommend you search this newsgroup for the many recent
recommendations of printed and online books (including material made
freely available by the original authors).