Postscript-Wizzards? How to set the background for each letter?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Michael Hagedorn, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    I found this little script
    http://www.codebunny.org/coding/index.html#graphics
    --> Shanty: Generates an PostScript file representing an image using
    coloured text.

    It works fine. You can take any text and any picture you want and get a
    poster "a la Matrix" or like this
    http://www.codebunny.org/coding/shanty/download/openbsd_a4.pdf

    One problem occurs when I tried to print a poster in DinA1 or DinA0
    format. The poster doesnt have bright contrasts and it's not very bright.
    To change this it should be possible to change the perl-Script.
    Does anyone know how to realise a setting like this: When i.e. a red
    letter appears the background of this letter should also set to a darker
    red. This should increase contrast and brightness?

    In other words: how to change the background color of a letter in
    dependency of its foreground-color?
    Any ideas? Thank you,
    M.

    Michael Hagedorn, Jan 16, 2007

  2. http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

    Multi-posted, Answered in comp.lang.postscript

    RedGrittyBrick, Jan 16, 2007