pp question (PAR::Packer)

Yakov

When I compile perl code with pp ( PAR::packer),
does pp pack all used modules into same executable ?

Thanks
Yakov

Ad

Lambik

Yakov said:
When I compile perl code with pp ( PAR::packer),
does pp pack all used modules into same executable ?

Have you even read the manpages? It says so right there:

"If you want to make an executable that contains all module, scripts and
data files, please consult the pp utility instead"

Ad

Bart Lateur

Yakov said:
When I compile perl code with pp ( PAR::packer),
does pp pack all used modules into same executable ?

Yes, and no. PAR needs to extract the modules to a temporary directory
when trying to run the script. So, it's bogus. The other, commercial
packers (Perl2exe, PerlApp) don't need to do that.