Precompilation Error allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'

Guest

Hi,

I have an application ("appls") on my website. This application is a
subfolder of the website root. This subfolder is configured as an application
in the IIS Manager

When I want precompile my application with the command line
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler -v /appls -p
"E:\Sites WWW\devlappl.intracger", I get this message :

E:\Sites WWW\devlappl.intracger\appls\web.config(81): error ASPCONFIG: It is
an error to use a section registered as
in IIS.

Guest

Hi,

I resolve my problem. I must use the following command line
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler -v
LM/W3SVC/429440314/ROOT/appls

Where 429440314 is the Id of my website.

hope the useful for somebody else

prabhupr

Hi Patrick

Where do you get the path "LM/W3SVC/429440314/ROOT/appls"?
Is this on your local machine, if so can you please provide the full
path c:\windows.....\LM/W3SVC/429440314/ROOT/appls

Guest

LM/W3SVC/429440314/ROOT/appls it's the ADSI Path, where :
- LM/W3SVC/ is standart
- 429440314 is the id of website
- root is standart that to the website's root
- appl is the name of folder (or virtual folder)

The Id of website can be found in the IIS Manager in the list of websites

Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Iis

Hi Patrick

Where do you get the path "LM/W3SVC/429440314/ROOT/appls"?
Is this on your local machine, if so can you please provide the full
path c:\windows.....\LM/W3SVC/429440314/ROOT/appls

I am also looking for the same path because I am getting the same problem.

ASP Net - Precompilation Error allow definition='machinetoapplication'

I don't know how to find the path....
Any help Thanks