Pro Javascript Techniques--recommended?

David Mark

Does this book need a another look?

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/93eaa9ec8f2b4ff0#

"I would very highly recommend it. It's written by the creator of
jQuery John Resig."

Who was not a professional at the time and clearly knew little or
nothing about sound Javascript techniques (or how to choose a
technical editor.) But then he did write a really lousy script that
was embraced by lots of clueless people, so that retroactively
validates his earlier book.

The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
learn about Javascript in general. No recommendations were offered.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:

Based on what we have already seen about it here, definitely not. The
author clearly does not not what he is talking about. Groups-google for
`"Pro JavaScript" author:Richard author:Cornford'.
[...]
The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
learn about Javascript in general. No recommendations were offered.

You seem to have problems with reading.

PointedEars

David Mark

David said:
Does this book need a another look?

Based on what we have already seen about it here, definitely not.  The
author clearly does not not what he is talking about.  Groups-google for
`"Pro JavaScript" author:Richard author:Cornford'.
[...]
The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
learn about Javascript in general.  No recommendations were offered.

You seem to have problems with reading.

Idiot. Can you read a time stamp?

Thanks,
Dave

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:
Thomas said:
David said:
[...]
The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
learn about Javascript in general. No recommendations were offered.
You seem to have problems with reading.

[...] Can you read a time stamp?

Yes, but I overlooked it. My bad.

PointedEars