    validator are declared in the Page, not the Master Page. I am not sure if
    this makes a difference or not. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski, Jan 3, 2008

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    Dina Guest

    Can you please give more details on where u want to access and where u
    are already able to access the controls as in the server side or the
    client side?

    If u are able to access the controls on the server side and have
    trouble accessing them from the client side, then the solution is
    pretty simple. By default the client IDs of the server controls get
    pre-pended with specific values (I've generally observed the value
    "CT001_" or something similar). Just run the page and view the html
    source to see the client id of the controls in the client scripts. U
    can also get the client id of the controls using a property on the
    server side.

    Hope this helps

    Regards, Dina

    Dina, Jan 3, 2008

  3. As I mentioned in my original post, I am able to access the control in the
    Load event of the Page. The place where I want to and am not able to access
    it is in the EvaluateIsValid() function of my validator. In the
    EvaluateIsValid() function I am attempting to access it using the following:

    Me.Page.FindControl(ControlID)

    Because the Load event of the Page occurs before the EvaluateIsValid()
    function is called, this shows that the control does exist in the page when
    I try to access it. Is there something else I need to do when accessing the
    control from inside EvaluateIsValid()? Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski, Jan 3, 2008
  4. Nathan Sokalski

    Dina Guest

    Did u find the control's client ID by looking into the HTML source
    generated at the browser? Use that ID in the FindControl function.

    Regards, Dina

    Dina, Jan 10, 2008