Problem compiling C++ code with python embedded

vduber6er

Hello,

I just recently switched my code from one server to another and now
having some problems compiling my code. I was able to compile fine
with my last server now but this current one is giving me problems. My
build file is as follows

g++ -Wall ibdws.cpp ../cgic205/cgic.c -oibdws.cgi -Lcgraph -lcgraph
-Icgraph/Cgraph/source -I../cgic205 -L../cgic205
-I/usr/include/python2.4 -L/usr/lib
/python2.4/site-packages -lpython2.4

However, the new server only has python 2.2 so i simply switched the
2.4 to 2.2 so now my build file looks like this:

g++ -Wall ibdws.cpp ../cgic205/cgic.c -oibdws.cgi -Lcgraph
-lcgraph -Icgraph/Cgraph/source -I../cgic205 -L../cgic205
-I/usr/include/python2.2 -L/usr/lib
/python2.2/site-packages -lpython2.2

but i get the following error when i build now:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could someone help me out with this problem? I am not too good with
linux so please explain to me in newbie steps. Thanks a lot.

Eric

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

vduber6er said:
g++ -Wall ibdws.cpp ../cgic205/cgic.c -oibdws.cgi -Lcgraph
-lcgraph -Icgraph/Cgraph/source -I../cgic205 -L../cgic205
-I/usr/include/python2.2 -L/usr/lib
/python2.2/site-packages -lpython2.2

but i get the following error when i build now:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could someone help me out with this problem? I am not too good with
linux so please explain to me in newbie steps. Thanks a lot.

I'm not sure I can explain it in newbie steps; I try with my own
words.

You need to find libpython2.2.a or libpython2.2.so on the new system.
You told the linker to look in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages
(in addition to the default locations: /lib and /usr/lib); it
wasn't there.

Try /usr/lib/python2.2/config as a directory instead. Check with
ls whether the file is there; don't try blindly.

Regards,
Martin