problem keeping the page the same after updating a datagrid

marty.overdear

NET 2003, vb code behind.
I am having a problem with the look of a page with a datagrid. I have
the grid populated, and it can be a couple of hundred rows long. If
the user is down toward the botton and updating a row, when he
clicks'update', it does get updated, but it roloads the page and puts
him back up to the start. He would like for the view to stay where he
is at on the page, not starting at the top again If he is changing
multiple rows towards the bottom of the grid, this would be very
troublesome. I am fairly new to asp.net, so some advise on what to
look at for solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, it will not be possible update every row that the user
wants and then update them all at once. According to what he changes
per row, different things can happen. They have to be updated one row
at a time
thx in advance

Marek

If your audience is limited to Internet Explorer (a local intranet
application can do such an assesment) then you can try enabling
"SmartNavigation" on the page, that will keep the scroll position
between post-backs.

However be aware of possible issues with SmartNavigation. Here's an
article with a generic javascript scroll position code: