Problem moving a website to another machine

cashdeskmac

Hi,

I have built a website using .NET 2.0 and all is well until I try and move
it to another machine.

I built it on Windows XP Pro 32 bit and moved it to Windows Server 2003 64
bit. Does that make any difference?

The error I get when I try to run it is:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

The eventviewer shows this:

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
Access is denied.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello cashdeskmac,

do u have 64bit .NET FW installed on server or not?
Check the GAC and make sure that u have the same "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" version installed there.
if not (I assume that token of 64bit .NET FW could be different) then u
need to change global.web config of your web project to refer to that DLL

---
WBR,

c> Hi,
c>
c> I have built a website using .NET 2.0 and all is well until I try and
c> move it to another machine.
c>
c> I built it on Windows XP Pro 32 bit and moved it to Windows Server
c> 2003 64 bit. Does that make any difference?
c>
c> The error I get when I try to run it is:
c>
c> Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting
c> to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
c> the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.
c>
c> The eventviewer shows this:
c>
c> Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
c> Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web,
c> Version=2.0.0.0,
c> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
c> dependencies.
c> Access is denied.
c> Any help would be much appreciated.
c>

cashdeskmac

I checked the Public Key Token this morning, the one in GAC is the same
version as the one it can't find.

I guess I will try the approach of creating a new project and adding the
existing files.

cashdeskmac said:
Thanks, Michael,

I will try that when I get back to work.