problem on IE 5.0

Nico Schuyt

Thomas said:
Good It *IS* possible to have multiple versions of IE running
on the same PC, under the same OS without any additional software.
Check out this link:
http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/2003/11/06/ie_x_3/index.php. I've
tried it and now I have IE4.0, IE5.0, IE5.5 and IE6.0 all running on
the same PC!

It works!!!!!
I was confused by the fact that it still seems to be IE6 when you start IE4,
5 or 5.5. Finally did what I should have done in the first place: open a
site. I did and it are indeed older versions of IE.
Have fun!

I have!

Thomas, you're great!
Nico

Mr. x

Good It *IS* possible to have multiple versions of IE running on
the
Great, I have checked this out, and It works !!!
(from http://www.nachtarchiv.de/Webdesign.html?reportage=25 - I didn't
understand why didn't you give this address at the first time - I didn't
understand the language, but I understood what to download).

I have two main problems left :
1) My site (www.moca.co.il ) doesn't look good at IE 5.01 , so I check this
out on my computer,
and found that in IE 5.01 it doesn't look good (still, I don't know why the
main text of the site is cut to the left, and look much differently if I
open it in IE 5.5 and more).
That's one thing.

2) Another thing I get an exception, and do you wish to debug - I have
pressed yes, and I got into infinitive loop - maybe I should connect my
microsoft script debugger to IE 5 (I have IE 6), but I don't know how to do
that.

Help, please.

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Far more problems :-(
Frames in frames, nested tables, lots of validation errors etc
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...cally)&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional#line-83

Nico

Well, thank you,
but I know that site by : http://validator.w3.org/
and put my site http://www.moca.co.il/main/main_home.html
and click validate,
but I got not the same thing as you got (which I don't know how did you get
those errors), but
"Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified" - What should I do in order to get the
errors.

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Mr. x said:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...cally)&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional#line-83

Well, thank you,
but I know that site by : http://validator.w3.org/
and put my site http://www.moca.co.il/main/main_home.html
and click validate,
but I got not the same thing as you got (which I don't know how did you get
those errors), but
"Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified" - What should I do in order to get the
errors.

Thanks :)

Ignore - I just had to change the default to :
HTML 4.01 Transitional,
and everything works fine.

Thanks :)

Wipkip

While sitting in a puddle Toby A Inkster scribbled in the mud:
What nonsense. More like a quarter. Probably less still.

My logs show about 11% using 5.x over the past 6 months.

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach Nico Schuyt:
This must be very frustrating for Thomas: Finally a chance voor
eternal fame and glory (at least in this ng) and than everybody says
it doesn't work :)

Hey, it's not me who discovered the trick. I just heard about it in another
NG. The eternal fame and glory go to someone else.

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach Nico Schuyt:
Thomas, you're great!

Ahhh, that feels gooood :)))))

But still I must point out that I'm not the one who discovered the trick. I
was merely propagating knowledge from one NG to another.

Mr. x