Problem publishing web application in VS2005

brettmetcalfe

Hi

I have a problem publishing a web application. The web application has
been developed using VS2005 and uses ASP.Net 2.0. The application
works fine from inside VS2005. However when I build the application
using MSBuild and copy the precompiled code to the appropriate virtual
directory it no longer works in the appropriate manner.

It appears as if it can't find some images. In addition and more
importantly the site does not function how it should. It appears to be
implementing some default behaviour instead of the required behaviour.
It is almost like it can't find certain files.

As this is our first web application I think we must have dome
something stupid.

Cheers
Brett

Guest

Have you tried setting up a blank website on your remote server and then
using the copy website function of VS 2005, rather than publishing a
precompiled website, this will help you determine if it is a server
configuration problem or some problem related to the compilation.