problem with ASPNET account security settings?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Cho, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. David Cho

    David Cho Guest

    Out of the blue, my ASP.NET application
    - cannot connect to a remote SQL server ("Sql server does not exist")

    - cannot call HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() ("underlying connection
    closed")

    I am not having either of the problem when I run the same code in a
    console application which leads me to believe that there is a problem
    with the security settings of the ASPNET account.

    Now here is the problem. I have no idea how to configure the ASPNET
    account using my XP machine.

    When I go to Contro Panel->User Accounts, I only see the Admin, Guest,
    and SQLDebugger. Just for heck, I tried to add ASPNET and it tells me
    that it already exists. How the heck do I configure that account? How
    do I find it?

    David Cho, Jun 6, 2005