problem with ASPNET account security settings?

David Cho

Out of the blue, my ASP.NET application
- cannot connect to a remote SQL server ("Sql server does not exist")

- cannot call HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() ("underlying connection
closed")

I am not having either of the problem when I run the same code in a
console application which leads me to believe that there is a problem
with the security settings of the ASPNET account.

Now here is the problem. I have no idea how to configure the ASPNET
account using my XP machine.

When I go to Contro Panel->User Accounts, I only see the Admin, Guest,
and SQLDebugger. Just for heck, I tried to add ASPNET and it tells me
that it already exists. How the heck do I configure that account? How
do I find it?