Problem with booth algorithm

Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi friends,

I am implementing booth's multiplier now a days. I want to know about the code needed to multiply -2 with a std_logic_vector. What i am doing is to just shift the vector by '1' on left and then taking its 2's complement. but by doing this, i cannot get the correct results. i am pasting the code here:

VP <= NOT(TEMP(ABIT-2 DOWNTO 0)&'0')+1; -- multiply by -2
VP <= NOT(TEMP)+1; -- multiply by -1

where ABIT is 32 in my design.

thanking all of you people in advance.

regards,