problem with porting custom app wizard from vc++ 6.0 to vc++7.1(.Net)

siva.isukapalli

Hi,
We are involved in a porting project (from VC++ 6.0 to .Net VC++
7.1). ** NOT C# or VB..NET.

We have a custom app wizard written in 6.0. This basically creates a
project with a set of template based classes. We have to port it. But
there is a significant change in the way custom app wizards are created
in both the versions of vc++.

What we did in the previous version is

1) We had 3 dialog based classes that are used to maintain state of the
wizard.
2) This state in turn is used to fill in the values of template
classes.
3) The class we used for passing the state data to template classes is
CCustomAppWiz.

Coming to .Net VC++ 7.1 CCustomAppWiz is deprecated. When I browsed for
information regarding this I found out that instead of Dialog based
classes we have to use HTML pages. Now, how should the data in the
pages be made available to the template classes?

Another questions that I have is

1) Can we reuse the code that is already present? If it can be then
how?

Any pointers with reference to this or any sample projects are
welcomed.

Regards,
Siva

Dan

[...]