Programmatically adding a WebPart to a content page

kjartan93a

The following code is on my master page, site.master.cs:

// programatically add a WebPart from a User Control file
Control uc = this.LoadControl(@"ucLotListSimple.ascx");
uc.ID = "MyWp";
GenericWebPart MyWp = WebPartManager1.CreateWebPart(uc);
WebPartManager1.AddWebPart(wp2, wpzUpper, 1);

The last line above works fine only if the WebPartZone wpzUpper is
located on the master page itself.

What is the proper way to reference wpzUpper if it is on the content
page "Default.aspx"?

Thanks.

Guest

kjartan93

Your not showing us all the code? wp2 mywp

You can find the zone if you know its id with the zones collection of the
webpartmanager and you can access the webpartmanager through a shared
function.

webpartmanager wpm = webpartmanager.getcurrentwebpartmanager(page);
webpartzone wpz=wpm.zones("wpzUpper");
wpm.AddWebPart(wp2, wpz, 1);

I didn't see wp2 in your code so your on your own.

Good Luck
DWS